100 Years at Unity Village - Anniversary Celebration - June 27, 2019, video
On June 27, 1919, the Fillmores purchased 58 acres of rolling timber and meadows from Warren W. Thruston of Lee’s Summit. About 15 miles southeast from Kansas City, Missouri, the area grew from a weekend retreat of tents and ponds into Unity Farm.
Today Unity Village is its own township, covering 1,200 wooded acres with two lakes, a town council, and the largest fountain display in the region. Unity Tower and the Education Building are on the National Register of Historic Places, and the grounds feature award-winning rose gardens. To learn more: https://www.unityvillage100.org/